Chastain Otis is the result of two industry leaders, the Chastain Insurance Agency and the Otis Insurance Agency, joining together to offer clients more than a century of experience in personalized insurance protection.
Chastain Insurance Agency
Chastain Insurance Agency was founded in 1953 by Dick Chastain, whose son Dave grew up in and around the business. After receiving his business degree from the University of Nebraska in 1972, Dave joined the agency full-time and has had an active role in the agency ever since.
Dave’s memberships, designations, and accomplishments include:
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Member of the American Society of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU)
- Former president of the Independent Insurance Agents of Omaha
- Former president of the Omaha chapter of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters
Otis Insurance Agency
The Otis Insurance Agency has been proudly serving clients in the Omaha metro area since the 1930s. Don graduated from Southern Methodist University in 1972 and has devoted his professional life to providing insurance and investment services to clients. Don Otis retired from the business in 2013 and is today pursing other adventures.
Today, Chastain Otis includes a steadily growing staff of professionals who are committed to integrity, value, and extraordinary customer service.
Current staff includes the third generation in this family-owned business. Sean Chastain, son of Dave Chastain, is among the dedicated insurance agents of Chastain Otis.
Sean’s memberships, designations, and accomplishments include:
- A Business Management degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Designation as a Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Election to the position of current president of the Independent Insurance Agents of Omaha
- Recipient of the 2008 Independent Insurance Agents of Nebraska Young Agent of the Year Award